Sunday, October 29, 2017

A Day of Honor

One of the most important days in America is almost here. Every year in our school we host a Veterans Day breakfast.  We invite the veterans who are family members of our students to join them for breakfast and a program of honor.  The kinders come in and begin the program with The Pledge of Allegiance. Then the rest of our student body provides cards of appreciation, songs and speeches. It is a morning to remember for all of those who served.
   I teach the kinders about Veterans Day and talk about the importance of showing our appreciation for their service. This year I am adding an emergent reader to our study of Veterans. It is called "You Are My Hero". I think it will be a nice follow up to the book: "Veterans, Heroes In Our Neighborhood" by Valerie Pfundstein. 
   You can find this newly uploaded reader in my TpT store for just $1.00.

"You Are My Hero"

While you are checking out the emergent reader in my teacherspayteachers shop be sure to grab the FREE Star Studded pokey pin activity. There are plenty of pages that will go along nicely for Veterans Day.

FREE Pokey Pin Activity
    Thank you for stopping by to see what's new at Koala Kinders. Be sure to thank a veteran for their service. They are the reason we can safely live in this great country!



No comments:

Post a Comment